Crescent moon wire-wrapping tutorial (page 6)
Prefer this tutorial in a PRINTABLE FORMAT?
I’m keeping my wraps as tight as possible (fig. 19a, 19b, 19c), and then move past the third bead (fig. 19d, 19e).
Bring wire up the back and down (fig. 20a, 20b). Add a decorative swirl (fig. 20c, 20d) and bring wire down the back of the frame (fig. 20e).
Are you interested in wire-wrapping?
Sign up below and get access to my FREE wire-wrapping guides!
Wrap a couple times then send wire to back. Cut excess wire and tuck ends in (fig. 21a, 21b, 21c).
That’s it! – Your piece is complete!
At this point, you can add patina by using liver of sulfur – this REALLY brings out the detail!
- How to Wire-Wrap Stones Without Holes
- Wire-Wrapping Tools & Supplies for Beginners
- How to Make a Spiral Bead Cage Pendant
- Wire-Wrapping Tutorials: 13 DIY Wire-Wrapped Pendants
- Beginner’s Guide to Jewelry Wire for Wire-Wrapping
If you’d like to see my work and follow my wire journey, you can find me here: